Students bringing in mobile devices like cellphones and tablets are on the rise in the recent years. Most of the educational institutions ban cellphone usage inside their campus. Certain schools and colleges permit the usage of cellphone with restrictions. Most of the parents allow students to take up mobile phones to their schools even if it is banned in schools. Most parents are also concerned about the use of cellphones during class hours.
The following are some of the Pros of students taking Cellphones to Schools
- The parents can access the students in case of emergency
- In the event of power failure and lock down conditions cellphones can be used easily.
- Information can be accessed through internet during leisure hours at school and during traveling
- Security of students who drive to college or travel in public transport find cellphones useful
- Information can be shared among students with teachers and parents immediately
The following are some of the Cons of students bringing cell phones to college
- Students easily gets distracted through social media
- Some students easily get addicted to texting which creates behavioral problems
- Unwanted communication and false communications without actual occurrence of events
- Cyberbullying and other problems faced by teenagers during college gets increased through cellphone communication
Taking cellphones completely away from students may not be good as most of the peer have access to it. Having better control over the usage of cellphones are required by the educational institutions and parents in order to have better advantage for students.